The above studio photograph that appears on the homepage is by fellow artist and close friend Robert Hague.
About Geoffrey’s work
“Stylistically, Ricardo draws on figurative expressionism and surrealism to create his own ‘dream realism’. Through this imagery, the artist presents his poignant observations of the human condition. Ricardo’s observations sometimes allow us to laugh at our own behaviour. His images confront us with the comic and the absurd. Yet, underneath this initial glance at his images we may see his deeper philosophical questioning of human nature.”
Excerpt from ‘The personal iconography of Geoffrey Ricardo’,
Professor Sasha Grishin AM, FAHA, 2009
Geoffrey Ricardo has held regular solo and group exhibitions since 1990. His formal studies have included Postgraduate and Masters of Fine Art in printmaking at Monash University, and he has worked as a print assistant at Bill Young Studios, a sessional lecturer at Monash University, The Victorian College of the Arts, R.M.I.T and P.I.T. and the CAE in Melbourne.
For more details, download his CV (PDF, 125KB).
Essays and Articles
- ‘Paen to Ricardo’ a poem in Alexandrines accompanying 7 images by Robert Nelson originally published in IMPRINT Magazine 1993
- Ricardo’s Satirical Beasts By Jo Moulton
- Spirits of Time and Place article by JOMO on Biophiliarts.com
Exhibition Folio/Catalogues with essays
- RICARDO_DS19_A5_6pp_2 RICARDO_DS19_A5_6pp_1 (PDF)
- RICARDO_DS19_A5_6pp_2 (PDF)
- Ricardo Exhibition folio 2012, ‘The Melbourne Art Fair’ (PDF)
- Ricardo Exhibition Folio 2009 ‘Anno Domino, Antarctica and The Anatomy Lesson’ (PDF)
- Ricardo Exhibition Folio 2007, ‘Herd’ (PDF)
- Ricardo Exhibition folio 1999, ‘A Dark City Narrative’ (PDF)
- Kororoit Creek Shared Trail (PDF) Catalogue 2017 with poems by 8 Australian Poets
Teddy Bear Rollout by Kieren Mangan on Youtube.
- Video by Peter Lamont – Geoffrey Ricardo Spirits Of Time and Place 2017
- Video Interview with Michel Lawrence for ‘Inside Art’ by www.thestockrooms.com
Kororoit Creek Shared Trail Sculpture Commission Proposal Document PDF 8 Mb